Fabulous phytonutrients, how plants feed our skin cells.
Day 1 Feed your skin with Fabulous Phytonutrients!
Phytonutrients are compounds that plants produce to protect themselves from damage. They offer us similar benefits in the way they combat free radicals in our bodies. Our skin is our first line of defense from environmental and other toxins. If we provide our skin with the powerful nutrients that come from plants, we fortify our skin, detoxify and provide necessary constituents to create new skin cells. Read more about phytonutrients here:
Your challenge is to eat 5-7 servings of fruits and veggies per day. Here are some guidelines and tips:
A serving is approximately 1 cup of vegetables or fruit. One piece of fruit is generally 1 serving.
- Sprinkle berries on your breakfast cereal, oatmeal or yogurt.
- Add avocado slices to your sandwich instead of cheese or mayo.
- Use spaghetti squash as a base for spaghetti and meatballs rather than pasta.
- Toss some spinach into your breakfast smoothie with blueberries and pineapple (really…it’s good!)
- Vegetable soup is delicious and low-calorie. Have a bowl before dinner or for an afternoon snack.
Try one of these delicious recipes for soup on a cold winter day:
- Pack a cooler bag with pre-cut veggies and fresh fruit for the day. Don’t allow yourself to snack on anything else until the bag is empty.